I don’t know about where anyone else lives, but here in Alaska it feels like fall. The leaves are already changing to gorgeous colors and the weather has cooled off. The weather makes me crave all of the delicious foods that go along with fall. One of which is apple cobbler! I love cobbler but it can tend to have a lot of carbs and sugar depending on how it is prepared. So I set out to make a healthier and SUPER quick version.
For the topping I would normally think to use oatmeal, but since I have been loving these Smart Bars and they are made of oatmeal anyway, they were the logical solution!
- 1 Detour Smart Bar (Apple or Blueberry flavor)
- 1/2 apple (any kind)
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp stevia
- Whipped cream or greek frozen yogurt for topping (optional)
- Cut up apple into small cubes.
- Add to small ramekin and top with cinnamon and stevia.
- Crumble Smart Bar on top of apple mixture.
- Bake for 20 minutes at 350. Or microwave for 1-2 minutes.
- Top with whipped cream or frozen yogurt.
- Enjoy your healthy and guilt free dessert!