Cake. Birthday cake to be specific. I love it. I used to eat those Funfetti cupcakes ALL OF THE TIME. Probably why I gained weight in the past. However I still have a love of cake and that flavor which is why Cellucor’s Corfetti protein powder has been my favorite protein powder that I have tried so far. The flavor is amazing so I knew it would be great for protein pancakes.
I used a recipe I found on Spoonful of Fit’s website. The recipe was for Whipped Vanilla Pancakes but I adjusted it. Here is the original recipe: http://www.spoonfuloffit.com/2014/02/whipped-vanilla-pancakes.html.
- 1/4 cup spelt flour (or oat flour)
- 1/2 scoop Cellucor Corfetti protein powder
- 1/4 cup egg whites
- 2 TBSP greek yogurt (plain)
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp vanilla
- 2 packets of stevia
- Mix all dry ingredients first.
- Then add all other ingredients and mix until everything is mixed well.
- Cook on low heat on a pan sprayed with cooking spray or coconut oil. I made 4 small pancakes with this recipe.
- I topped these with more greek yogurt (about 1 TBSP) that I had mixed with stevia (to taste) and another tablespoon of the Corfetti protein (1 TBSP).
- Top with sprinkles!
Enjoy your healthy and protein packed birthday cake pancakes!
Calories: 252, 2f, 26c, 31p, 5f.