Now that it is almost summer here in Alaska (yes we consider 40 degrees and sunny summer! 🙂 ) I have been craving more frozen drinks again. I always like the idea of Starbucks frappucinos but they are just WAY too sweet for me. Not to mention all of the fat and calories which I would rather spend on FOOD then a drink! So I started making these protein frappucinos to get the same type of drink but a LOT healthier!
- 1 scoop protein powder (any flavor you like!)
- 1 cup almond milk (or other milk)
- 1 TBSP espresso powder
- 1/2 TBSP xanthan gum ( optional but makes it thicker like a real frappucino)
- Stevia to taste (Optional.. I don’t use)
- Ice cubes (6-7 small or 4-5 large)
- Whipped cream (optional)
- Mix in a blender protein, ice, milk, espresso powder and xanthan gum. If using xanthan gum mix a few extra seconds to let it fluff up the drink.
- Pour into fun jar or mug.
- Top with whipped cream!
This is a really simple and quick protein recipe that I like to use when I work out first thing in the morning. Caffeine AND protein in ONE! 🙂