Today was quite the adventure. I had a fun trip planned to go hike on one of Alaska’s many glaciers. Unfortunately life had other plans. When we arrived at the glacier (a 2 hour drive) there was no one at the admissions area so I had to call the number for the land owners. They told me that due to the spring melt the glacier conditions were bad and that there was waist deep mud. I have to admit I was extremely devastated because I had been wanting to come back to the glacier for 2 years. But my friends and I made the most of it and got lots of great landscape shots and even saw some animals (bald eagles, falcons and sheep on a cliff). Overall it was a great trip. I think the fact that we are positive and made it into a fun time was the biggest factor. Instead of getting upset we made the most out of it. Positivity is 99% of having a good life in my opinion. You can’t choose what happens to you but you CAN choose how you react!
Since we left early I packed my trusty overnight oats. I went with a PB&J flavor. The recipe is quite simple and very filling.
- 1/3 Cup Oats (NOT INSTANT)
- 1 TBSP Chia Seeds
- 1/2 Cup Almond Milk
- 1 TBSP vanilla
- 1 Small Container Greek Yogurt (Or 1 Cup)
- 1-2 TBSP Peanut Butter (OR PB2!)
1. In a bowl, mix oats, milk and chia seeds and vanilla.
2. Cover and refrigerate overnight.
3. In the morning (can also do this part at night) mix your greek yogurt and PB. The amount you choose is up to you based on your macro nutrient needs. Use PB2 if you can’t do the fat in regular PB.
4. Layer in a jar and add sliced strawberries. You can also use real jelly if you want but I don’t really like jelly much. Sometimes I heat up the berries in a mug and mix them with
stevia so they become jelly like which is another option you can try.
You can add Stevia to your layers if you like your oats sweeter. I prefer without though.
Hope you enjoy this easy, delicious and customizable recipe! 🙂