Buffalo chicken wings. Pizza. Two of my favorite things but sadly they aren’t really very healthy. If I want them I will go ahead and have them in moderation. However, I usually prefer to make healthier versions so I can eat MORE food! More is ALWAYS better. (Ok not always but usuallly.) So I decided to make a healthy combination of the two items!
This recipe is actually really easy if you have the chicken made in advance. I usually take Sunday to cook some meat for the week so I don’t have to wait around for it to cook after work when I am STARVING. You could also have the chicken in the crockpot during the day and make the pizza for dinner. If you make this chicken you can divide it in to tupperwares for the week and use on wraps, salads, etc.
Buffalo Chicken Ingredients
- 3-4 Chicken Breasts
- 3/4 cup Frank’s Red Hot Sauce
- 3 Laughing Cow Cream Cheese wedges (optional)
- 2-3 TBSP Ranch seasoning powder
- Add chicken breasts to crock pot.
- Top with Franks Red Hot Sauce and the ranch seasoning powder. For the Franks I usually don’t measure, just enough to get a good coat on the chicken breasts and a little extra.
- Cook on high 4 hours or low 8 hours.The last 30 minutes I add in the cream cheese wedges (can leave out if you want) and stir.
- When the chicken is done it will shred easily.
This recipe is not exact science. You can tweak it easily to your own tastes and add more or less of anything and it works. I never measure.
Now that we have the chicken ready we can use it to make our PIZZA!!!
- 1 Flatout Wrap (Found in most grocery stores)
- 1 Laughing Cow Wedge (I used the Queso flavor)
- Shredded Mozzarella Cheese (I used 1 serving of skim mozzarella)
- Chopped Onions
- Cherry Tomatoes
- Any other toppings you like
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Spread cream cheese on Flatout wrap.
- Lay wrap on baking sheet (I cover in foil because no one wants dishes!)
- Add mozzarella cheese and any other toppings you want.
- Bake for 14-17 mins or until the cheese melts. All ovens are different so you may have to watch it toward the end… unless you like burned pizza!
- Use a pizza cutter to cut into slices.
- Enjoy your healthier pizza dinner!