This morning I decided to make pancakes. But of course, healthy pancakes. So I went to http://www.spoonfuloffit.com and grabbed her recipe for fluffy coconut pancakes. Her recipes always turn out great. I tweaked it a little but here’s what I did.
- 3 TBSP Coconut Flour
- 6 TBSP egg whites or 2-3 egg whites(hers calls for 9 (3 egg whites) but I didn’t need quite that much)
- 1 TBSP greek yogurt
- 1/4 Cup unsweetened almond milk
- 1/4 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp coconut extract (can use vanilla)
- 1/2 packet stevia
- Mix all ingredients in a bowl. It will take a bit of mixing because of the coconut flour’s texture. If you haven’t used coconut flour before it is quite soft and takes a bit to absorb.
- Heat a pan on low heat and spray with a bit of non stick spray or coconut oil.
- Make pancakes. I recommend doing 3-4 pancakes because if they are too big they will be hard to flip.
- Eat said pancakes.
I topped mine with greek yogurt mixed with stevia and berries that I heated and mixed with more stevia. (Used about 1/2 pack in each). Other good toppings would be coconut flakes, chia seeds, bananas, chocolate peanut butter, syrup, or other fruit.
Hope you enjoy!